"Sorry about the noise"

"Sorry about the noise"
"Sorry about the noise"

Monday, March 17, 2014

FREE WRITE
MY WEEK IN REVIEW


I have spent the last week (and then some) dealing with an obnoxious chest virus. The remedy, as prescribed by a Dr. at the UCF clinic, was lots of rest, an inhaler, and some pills that smell like oak. I missed two days of internship, two days of work and one UCF class (this one). So what did I do with all of this sickly down time? 


I watched a Fish Called Wanda twice. For those who are unfamiliar, A Fish Called Wanda is comedy starring Jamie Lee Curtis, John Cleese, and, to borrow a phrase from Mr. Travolta, the wickedly talented Kaleab Kleen (Kevin Kline). Curtis, Kline, Michael Palin, and some other dude steal 20 million dollars worth of jewels. Curtis and Kline turn the other dude into the police, placing the entire crime on him. Unbeknowst to them, the other dude (I probably should have just looked up his name by now) hides the jewels, leaving Curtis and Kline in a bind. Curtis decides to seduce the other dude's barrister to find out where he hid the jewels. That is when hilarity ensues. While everyone gives great performances, it is Kline (who won an Oscar for his performance) really steals the movie. Here is a clip (WARNING - the following clip contains a heap of curse words). If this scene tickles you, then be sure to check out the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaiUqapF9Y4    


Dark Souls 2 came out while I was sick...rejoice nerds! So far I've only logged 11 hours...only 64 more to go.

 

Yes, I am fully aware that Woody Allen is a creepy creepster. While I do not condone any of Woody's actions (from Soon-Yi to Dylan Farrow), I cannot help but enjoy his movies. Manhattan, Allen's least favorite movie, is by far one of his best. The movie is about love lost, and how past relationships seem great once we're no longer in them. Shot in gorgeous black and white, Allen captures the romantic side of New York City. The opening of the film is one of the most awe-inspiring sequences in cinema history! Don't believe me, see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyaj2P-dSi8

I wish I wasn't sick.   

2 comments:

  1. Hope your feeling better! I'll have to watch A Fish Called Wanda. I've never heard of it but I love all those actors, so it has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you were able to watch movies. I hate to be sick and still.

    ReplyDelete