"Sorry about the noise"

"Sorry about the noise"
"Sorry about the noise"

Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog Reflection

Reflection Questions:
  • What did you learn about yourself as a writer?
    I don't know that I learned anything about myself as a writer that I didn't already know. To sum up myself as a writer in one word, I would have to say that word would be complacent. I like writing, and usually have grand ideas when it comes to writing, but I never write. Either I lack the patience or I never make time to write. I should write more. 
  • What did you learn about digital writing?
    I learned that creating a blog is pretty easy. While I am not a fan of digital writing, I see how it is an easy way to get a class talking, sharing. 

  • What lessons can you take to classroom or share with future teachers about integrating blogging into instruction?
    Echoing the last answer, I think I can share with a future teacher that making blogs are easy and effective. I don't think I'll use it in my classrooms, but you never know. It would be an easy way to share information with my students.

  • Challenges?
    The biggest challenge for me was writing before the deadline. This semester has been really hectic, and often I would write my blog post in bits in pieces, during weird hours of the night. Outside of that, I did not face any other challenges.

  • Successes?
    I really liked doing the free writes. That is when I felt my most creative. 

2 comments:

  1. Since creative writing is your major, I am wondering if a community such as Wattpad would be a better digital writing space. Some students hate the feel of an open post and some don't. I think it is key to have a balance of both and then ultimately let students make the decisions about themselves as a writer and blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on two things here. Getting the posts in on time was a big challenge for me as well because I also had a crazy semester and I equally enjoyed the free writes as well. I suppose it is because I always associated blogging as free writing. From what I can read, you write really well! I think you should give yourself more credit as a writer!

    ReplyDelete